Social media is the number-one way brides-to-be are connecting with wedding brands and products during planning, with 82% doing so versus 75% in 2014.
* 33% of brides are connecting with brands and products through Instagram.
* Pinterest remains the most popular social media platform for brides-to-be, with 72% using it to find inspiration and/or help planning their wedding, up from 67% in 2014.
* After telling close friends and family, 62% of brides-to-be changed their social-media status to “engaged.”
*After receiving an engagement ring, 62% posted a picture of it to social networks
* Friends and family of the bride and groom are more frequently seeing the couples’ engagement news on social media – up to 54% from 46% in 2014.
* 39% posted photos and/or video of the proposal to social media.
* 51% create a custom hashtag for their wedding/wedding-related events, 34% for wedding-related events, 46% for the wedding itself.
* To keep their guests informed throughout the planning process, 39% of brides-to-be post photos and updates from cake tastings and vendor visits.
* 70% used social media to find wedding inspiration and their wedding style.
* 53% show wedding vendors their ideas on social media (e.g., Pinterest) to use at their wedding.
Find the full study here.